Remember a few weeks ago when I posted about The Impossible List?! (https://kellyelli333.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/the-impossible-list/) Well, I finally started my own! It’s definitely a work in progress, and probably always will be, but I like it that way! For those of you who are wondering what exactly this list means, it is basically a list of things I want to do because they seem impossible but are fully achievable when you dedicate time and plan ahead! It is slightly different than a bucket list because it has a different goal, but most of the things on this list would also be on my bucket list.
So without further ado, here is the beginning of my impossible list:
- Run a marathon (In progress!)
- Run an ultramarathon (50 miles)
- Run a trail race
- Run a color race (ie. http://thecolorrun.com/gallery/)
- Run a race for charity and raise a significant amount of money
- Pay off all of my student loans before I turn 27 years old
- Start a retirement fund when I graduate college
- Make a down payment on a house by the time I am 30
- Raise $ for charity consistently, but more importantly, volunteer and work to help others directly
- Live significantly below my means so I can save money and help others who need it more than me
- Have a solo art show
- I am currently working towards a 2 person show at the end of October 2012 in Milwaukee!
- Make a living doing what I love
- Create a piece of work every day for 365 days
- Take at least one art class a year
- So far 1998-2011 is done!
- Try every type of art possible
Black & white darkroom photography Screen printing Lithography
- Wood printing
Etching Monoprints Watercolor Ceramics Acrylic
- Oil painting
Sewing Crochet Knitting Scratchboard
- Mixed Media
- Graduate in two and a half years with a masters in occupational therapy
- Participate in continuing education for the remainder of my career
- Go back to school for my doctorate before I turn 30
- Pursue general education in the following areas
- art: life drawing, film photography, oil painting, sculpture
- math: statistics and calculus
- Help a stranger in a significant way
- Change a persons life for the better
- Help people every day through my job as a health care provider, and provide the best care possible for all of my patients
- Inspire someone to make a big lifestyle change by being a positive role model for them (ie. go back to school, start exercising, quit smoking, etc.)
- Treat everyone how I want to be treated
- Be a role model for younger kids
- Continue to have a strong family relationship throughout my life
- Take care of my parents when they are older
- Visit every continent
North America Mexico
- South America
- South Korea
- Learn 4 languages fluently
- Spanish (Intermediate)
- American Sign Language (Intermediate)
- Visit all 50 States (So far: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming –> 15 states!)
- Go to some major worldwide events
- Oktoberfest in Germany
- San Fermin in Spain
- New Years Eve in New York City Times Square
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Lollapalooza in Chicago
- Coachella in California
- Glastonbury in England
- St. Patricks Day in Ireland
- Witness a miracle
- Marry my best friend
- Learn to forgive 100%
- Learn to meditate
- Learn to lucid dream
- Take time every day to do something I love
- Tell the people I love that I appreciate and love them every day
Okay, that’s all for now! Maybe once a month or so I will update this list and add new things! Until then, you should write your own list! Even if you just jot a few goals down that you want to accomplish in the next 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years, that’s a great start! Happy writing!
Okay, this week was crazy! My relatives are here from out of town and I worked a ton, so I only got 3 runs in! Very hectic week…
Tues 6 miles
Thurs 8 miles
Sun 11 miles
For a whopping total of 25 miles! I am definitely shooting for much better this week…
Well, I hope everyone is having a great week! Keep on running!
Alright, here’s the recap of this week!
Sun: 11 miles
I’m so excited to be on week 8! I am almost half way done with the training!!! I only have 16 more training runs that are longer than 10 miles! Also, big news: I reached the 200 mile mark on my training! This includes everything I’ve ran since I got my new shoes, which is basically since the beginning of April! I think I’m on mile 217 or something like that!
So, unfortunately, this week marks the return of my shin splints!!! I had them in high school when I ran cross country and track. I couldn’t get rid of them for two and a half years so I took a 2 year hiatus from running. Then I started running again my first year of college and have been running since. BUT, they are back! I really didn’t miss them. But oh well…. I might take a break after the marathon until January so that they can heal. Until then, lots of stretching and icing! I might even get some tape so I can start taping for long runs…
Today (Monday), I took the day to rest because my legs were so dead from the 11 yesterday! Work was hectic and running around all day didn’t help. So hopefully the 6 miler will go well tomorrow.
Look for another inspiration post this week! Sorry I never posted one this week, I worked the past 5 days or so and I’ve been busy!
Alright, I hope everyones having a great week! Here is my recap of this week:
Mon – Rest
Tues – 10 miles
Wed – Rest
Thurs – 5 miles
Fri – 7 miles
Sat – 12 miles
Sun – Rest
For a whopping total of 34 miles! The 12 miler is a personal distance record! I am very sore today but excited for week 8! I can’t believe I’m only 3 weeks away from the halfway point in training! …and only 1.1 miles away from running a half marathon!
Well, I have work in the morning so I’m hitting the hay! Night everyone! Happy running 😀
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible” – Walt Disney
The impossible list is NOT a bucket list. I used to settle for the possible things in life. The sure thing. The safe choice. It was safe, it was realistic and it was boring as hell. But there was a problem: everything that was “possible” was too easy. I needed a challenge.
The impossible list is that challenge. This list of impossible things contains all the things I ever thought I couldn’t do because it was “impossible.” The sort of things that I assumed the cool guys on TV only ever got to do. The things I never thought that I would be able to do.
This is my list of impossible things. I’m constantly crossing things off it as I accomplish them and adding to it when needed and I’ll be making regular updates about my journey on the blog.Maybe you’re bored, maybe you’re tired of simply attempting what’s considered “possible”, maybe you just want to try something different. This blog is for you.
Feel free to follow my journey via RSS or Email or start your own impossible list if you feel like it. If you do, send me an email and let me know. I’d love to hear about it what impossible things you’re doing. If you’d like to help make any of these impossible things happen – let me know – I’m all ears.
The Impossible List
- Change 1 Person’s Life For The Better
- Help 100 Entrepreneurs Better Their Lives Through Micro-Loans at Kiva.org [54/100]
- Fund 50 Kickstarter projects to help entrepreneurs start their Biznass [3/50].
- Run a 5k [Nov 1, 2009]
- Run a 10k [October 2, 2010]
- Run a Half Marathon [November 6, 2010]
Run a Marathon[May 15, 2011] [sub-4-hour]
- Run an UltraMarathon
- Run A TriathlonRun a Duathlon
- Run A sub 6-minute mile
- Learn parkour and make an awesome montage video.
- Get a six pack and do a photo shoot to celebrate.
100 consecutive pushups[April 14, 2011] [First Attempt]
- 200 consecutive squats [October 31, 2010]
- 50 Consecutive Pullups
- Do a Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do a Fingertip Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do 10 Handstand Pushups w/ Wall
- Do 10 Handstand Pushups w/out a Wall
- Run Tough Mudder
- Compete in the GoRuck Challenge
- Visit Every Continent
- North America
- South America
- Antarctica (and do something ridiculous here)
- Go Swimming in Every OceanTravel For 1 Year Straight
- Get a 2nd U.S. Passport
- Obtain dual citizenship with another country.
- Own a small flat in 4 different countries.
- Live on the beach in some tropical country for 3 months.
- Do A Cross Country Road Trip And Make a Film About It
- Do A Round-The-World Trip And Make A Film About It
- Visit Iguazu Falls
- Start Impossible Island
- Go without internet for a month [July 2009]
Go without a car for a month[February 2012 & Counting]
- Count & document all my crap
- Own less than 300 things
- Create a “Getaway” Backpack [I’m really excited about this]
Go Skydiving[May 1, 2011, June 3, 2011] Go Bungee Jumping[June 6, 2011]
- Go Scubadiving
- Go Paragliding
Go Parasailing[August 2009]
- Learn to Surf
Learn to Kitesurf[May 14th, 2012 – Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic]
- Bike Across America
- Be a Part Of A Flash Mob
- Climb a Volcano [Summer ’04 – Mt. Pacaya, Guatemala & May ’07 Kilauea, Hawaii] Maybe more?
- Go Zorbing
- Learn To Freedive
- Learn Windsurfing
- Go Indoor Skydiving
- Be an Extra in a Movie [November 12, 2010]
- Go to the airport and buy a ticket without knowing where I’m going.
- Get something named after me.
Events To Attend
Visit Burning Man And Document It
- Participate in Tomatina
Running of the Bulls
See The Northern Lights And Do A Time Lapse Film Of It
- Learn To DJ
- Learn to Fly A Plane
- Learn To Breakdance
- Create a video that gets international coverage
- Get To Space
- Go Slacklining
- Become Fluent In 4 Languages
Start my own marketing agency[December 12th, 2011]
- Make a full-time living online.
- Start an international company.
- Put $100,000 in the bank.
- Give $100,000 away.
- Create a million dollar company.
- Make Impossible HQ into a Business.
Speak at a Fortune 50 Company[Target HQ – February 17th, 2012] Create an Apparel Line[October 3, 2012]
- Take the
ImpossibleBrand Beyond Apparel
- Get Something Named
Impossible Start A Business Incubator.
- Write an e-book [RMG: December 25th, 2010] [Impossible Manifesto: December 6th, 2011] [Impossible TRI: February 28th, 2012]
- Publish a real physical book.
Start a successful blog 1,000 Subscribers
- 10,000 Subscribers
- 25,000 Subscribers
- 50,000 Subscribers