“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible” – Walt Disney
The impossible list is NOT a bucket list. I used to settle for the possible things in life. The sure thing. The safe choice. It was safe, it was realistic and it was boring as hell. But there was a problem: everything that was “possible” was too easy. I needed a challenge.
The impossible list is that challenge. This list of impossible things contains all the things I ever thought I couldn’t do because it was “impossible.” The sort of things that I assumed the cool guys on TV only ever got to do. The things I never thought that I would be able to do.
This is my list of impossible things. I’m constantly crossing things off it as I accomplish them and adding to it when needed and I’ll be making regular updates about my journey on the blog.Maybe you’re bored, maybe you’re tired of simply attempting what’s considered “possible”, maybe you just want to try something different. This blog is for you.
Feel free to follow my journey via RSS or Email or start your own impossible list if you feel like it. If you do, send me an email and let me know. I’d love to hear about it what impossible things you’re doing. If you’d like to help make any of these impossible things happen – let me know – I’m all ears.
The Impossible List
- Change 1 Person’s Life For The Better
- Help 100 Entrepreneurs Better Their Lives Through Micro-Loans at Kiva.org [54/100]
- Fund 50 Kickstarter projects to help entrepreneurs start their Biznass [3/50].
- Run a 5k [Nov 1, 2009]
- Run a 10k [October 2, 2010]
- Run a Half Marathon [November 6, 2010]
Run a Marathon[May 15, 2011] [sub-4-hour]
- Run an UltraMarathon
- Run A TriathlonRun a Duathlon
- Run A sub 6-minute mile
- Learn parkour and make an awesome montage video.
- Get a six pack and do a photo shoot to celebrate.
100 consecutive pushups[April 14, 2011] [First Attempt]
- 200 consecutive squats [October 31, 2010]
- 50 Consecutive Pullups
- Do a Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do a Fingertip Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do 10 Handstand Pushups w/ Wall
- Do 10 Handstand Pushups w/out a Wall
- Run Tough Mudder
- Compete in the GoRuck Challenge
- Visit Every Continent
- North America
- South America
- Antarctica (and do something ridiculous here)
- Go Swimming in Every OceanTravel For 1 Year Straight
- Get a 2nd U.S. Passport
- Obtain dual citizenship with another country.
- Own a small flat in 4 different countries.
- Live on the beach in some tropical country for 3 months.
- Do A Cross Country Road Trip And Make a Film About It
- Do A Round-The-World Trip And Make A Film About It
- Visit Iguazu Falls
- Start Impossible Island
- Go without internet for a month [July 2009]
Go without a car for a month[February 2012 & Counting]
- Count & document all my crap
- Own less than 300 things
- Create a “Getaway” Backpack [I’m really excited about this]
Go Skydiving[May 1, 2011, June 3, 2011] Go Bungee Jumping[June 6, 2011]
- Go Scubadiving
- Go Paragliding
Go Parasailing[August 2009]
- Learn to Surf
Learn to Kitesurf[May 14th, 2012 – Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic]
- Bike Across America
- Be a Part Of A Flash Mob
- Climb a Volcano [Summer ’04 – Mt. Pacaya, Guatemala & May ’07 Kilauea, Hawaii] Maybe more?
- Go Zorbing
- Learn To Freedive
- Learn Windsurfing
- Go Indoor Skydiving
- Be an Extra in a Movie [November 12, 2010]
- Go to the airport and buy a ticket without knowing where I’m going.
- Get something named after me.
Events To Attend
Visit Burning Man And Document It
- Participate in Tomatina
Running of the Bulls
See The Northern Lights And Do A Time Lapse Film Of It
- Learn To DJ
- Learn to Fly A Plane
- Learn To Breakdance
- Create a video that gets international coverage
- Get To Space
- Go Slacklining
- Become Fluent In 4 Languages
Start my own marketing agency[December 12th, 2011]
- Make a full-time living online.
- Start an international company.
- Put $100,000 in the bank.
- Give $100,000 away.
- Create a million dollar company.
- Make Impossible HQ into a Business.
Speak at a Fortune 50 Company[Target HQ – February 17th, 2012] Create an Apparel Line[October 3, 2012]
- Take the
ImpossibleBrand Beyond Apparel
- Get Something Named
Impossible Start A Business Incubator.
- Write an e-book [RMG: December 25th, 2010] [Impossible Manifesto: December 6th, 2011] [Impossible TRI: February 28th, 2012]
- Publish a real physical book.
Start a successful blog 1,000 Subscribers
- 10,000 Subscribers
- 25,000 Subscribers
- 50,000 Subscribers